17. January 2012 08:06
I'm happy to announce that starting today, my complete "Turn Out" Windows Phone training is available for free to anyone. In the past, individual parts were available to the public already, but now you can watch this whole series of development training, with over 20 hours of screencast material, at no cost.
The training walks you through the development of a small game for Windows Phone (that is also available in the Marketplace for free) and shows various aspects of programming for the platform, including:
- Working with MVVM
- Unit testing
- Creating user controls
- Visual States, Triggers, Actions
- The application bar
- Sharing code between platforms (the project includes a WPF level editor)
- Working with the Toolkit (in particular, the LongListSelector)
- Advertising (both Microsoft's SDK and AdDuplex)
- Creating an about page
- Profiling your app to identify and resolve performance problems
- Details of the submission process
The training is targeted at "Mango" and makes use of its new features, and of course the full source code for every session, including the final product, is available too. You can find the training here:
I hope you all will enjoy this; have fun developing for Windows Phone!